For those selected to major in this field, the program is a five-year curriculum leading to a professionally accredited Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA) degree. It is designed to prepare graduates for either advanced study or professional careers. The program provides students an education in the creativity, technical skills, and ethical considerations necessary for practice. One particular requirement of the program, intended to enhance students’ breadth and perspective, is a semester of study abroad. The program also provides opportunities to pursue interests in a range of areas. With appropriate experience, graduates are eligible for admission to the state licensing examination.
An overview of our program –
- The curriculum includes 12-credits of electives—exploration encouraged
- All students study abroad in Bonn, Germany or chose from several other approved locations
- Studio projects often involve actual projects and working with community members
- Most studios include team work as well as one-on-one with professor
- Highest level math required is Math 26 – trigonometry
- Highest level science required is Bio 127 – Introductory Biology
Transfers and Change of Majors / 4+1 Opportunity
"The 1+4 Opportunity is just that: an opportunity for Change of Major and Transfer applicants to get a full year’s advanced standing and enter directly into the second year of the fully accredited 5-year BLA program. The flexible 1+4 curriculum means there’s no “lost” time, with most applicants able to COMPLETE THE BLA DEGREE IN FOUR YEARS. If you are accepted, we’ll help you transfer credits and get you up to speed as a sophomore."