Ann Arbor, MI / Madison, WI / Chicago, IL
The SmithGroupJJR Summer Internship Program is dedicated to the advancement of young professionals in the fields of Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, and Interior Design. As an intern at SmithGroupJJR, you will have the opportunity to work side-by- side with a wide-range of professionals.
Selected students will spend approximately 12 weeks working as an intern in our Ann Arbor, MI, Madison, WI or Chicago, IL offices. Students will be exposed to both the creative and business environments. Assignments will vary and include project research, site visits, computer production, design reviews, and assisting in marketing efforts. It is expected that candidates have basic hand drawing and computer software skills. Preferably, applicants have experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Trimble SketchUp, Rhino, Vray, Lumion and Microsoft Office programs.
Interns will return to their studies enriched by exposure to peers and professionals, and to the extraordinary opportunities in the profession of their choice.
To apply, submit the following documents:
- A brief (250 words or less) cover letter including a response to the prompt: Describe a place or experience that has had a profound impact on your decision to become a landscape architect.
- A current resume.
- A sample of your work, not to exceed 8MB in size, that best represents your skills (be sure to identify group work and your specific role on group projects as well as any work shown that is not your own). The PDF should include, but not be limited to the following:
- Examples of sketches and 3D modeling.
- Examples of hand drawn or computer generated master plans and detailed plans.
- Examples of sections and elevations.
- Examples of technical drawings and renderings, including hand drawn and computer work.
- Additional work samples that demonstrate your design approach and thought process.
- A written summary or description of your work.
- Three educational or professional references including phone numbers and e-mail addresses (contact information only, no reference letters required).
Applications will be accepted through Friday, February 2, 2018. Late applications will not be considered. Interns who are selected to participate in the program will be notified by March 9, 2018. Please click http://www.smithgroupjjr.com/internships to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.