Langan is an award-winning Engineering News-Record Top 500 design firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including: “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ; Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories; “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA;” and “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan has an outstanding landscape architecture and planning (LA+P) spring (January – May) internship opportunity in our Philadelphia office. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude, will work on exciting projects, and most importantly work in a team environment while gaining practical experience.
The successful candidate will assist with discipline-related office work and technical aspects of projects. This is a great opportunity for rising juniors and seniors to get exposure to site feasibility studies which may involve field work, technical report preparation and calculations, pre-construction conditions documentation, design plans, and specifications. Requirements are listed below. (Hours of operation: 8:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. Monday through Friday)
- Student working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscape architecture;
- Prior related internship experience desired;
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred;
- Availability to work a minimum of 15 hours per week or more;
- Individual must be highly creative and possess exceptional computer skills in Sketchup, AutoCAD, Photoshop, and Illustrator;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills; and
- The ability to occasionally travel to other regional Langan offices.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and unofficial academic transcripts. Preference will be given to students who are currently in their junior or senior year or to students pursuing their master of science degree.
Langan does not provide housing or relocation assistance for internship/co-op positions.
Langan offers its interns and co-ops opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
Equal Opportunity Employer