Michael Baker InternationalJob Location:
Moon Township, PA
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction, and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING ENGINEERING PRACTICE
Michael Baker International seamlessly integrates all our service offerings – architecture, planning, landscape architecture, engineering, and management – to solve client challenges from multiple vantage points, providing unsurpassed holistic, sustainable, and innovative solutions. From high-profile, high-image landmarks to low-cost, utilitarian solutions, our professionals know how to balance image and cost appropriately for each unique situation. At Michael Baker International, we believe that the beauty of a project resides both in performance and aesthetics – “success” to us is measured by functionality, value, and exceeding clients’ expectations to “Make a Difference.”
As an integral component of our multi-disciplinary architecture/engineering practice, Michael Baker International is looking for a recently-licensed architect who is enthusiastic and motivated with responsibilities including design and documentation for a broad range of project types. With an ongoing focus on growing federal, Department of Defense, and international project opportunities, along with market-driven diversification including healthcare, commercial, transit, and adaptive re-use, the senior architect will work in multidisciplinary, collaborative design teams with architects, interior designers, site/civil engineers, and building systems engineers. The successful candidate will demonstrate creative problem-solving, organizational skills, strong production management capabilities, and a good understanding of construction documents and constructability.
- Design and lead small to mid-size architecture projects or to collaborate as part of a larger team executing large, complex designs
- Maintain engagement and continuity through all phases of a project, from programming/concept design through construction phase services
- Spontaneous problem-solving with interior designers, structural and/or building systems engineers
- B.S./B.A. in Architecture; Bachelor of Architecture; or M.S./M.A. in Architecture (4-6 Year Degree), with initial licensure as a Registered Architect (RA)
- NCARB Certification
- LEED BD+C or Guiding Principles Certification preferred
- 10+ years of experience in the design and documentation of architecture projects beyond initial licensure, including well-developed skills in 3-dimensional visualization and comprehensive building design
- Design talent, graphic presentation, and effective visual/verbal communication skills
- Possess a proficient understanding of inter-relationships among design/engineering disciplines, clients, and constructors
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated proficiency in Building Information Modeling (BIM) [Autodesk Revit Architecture 2018-19]/AutoCAD 2019 and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
- Experience with graphics/rendering software (SketchUp, Adobe, 3D Max, Maya, Rhino, etc.) to quickly and effectively communicate ideas is preferred
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified, and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.