State College, PA
AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Marketing Junior Graphics Designer to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Reporting to the Director of Creative, the Junior Graphic Designer will help tell the story of AccuWeather to both businesses and consumers domestically and globally by assisting in the creation of engaging, professional, and inspired designs in print, collateral, broadcast, and online media. The role will collaborate with the Art Director and a team of marketing and communications professionals, as well as designers, writers, and product managers from various lines of business including digital media, ad sales, television production, enterprise solutions, and more. This professional will be a source of creative inspiration for others throughout the department and work to create top-level designs.
What You'll Be Doing
- Provide forward-thinking creative design for all forms of print, collateral, broadcast and online media.
- Support the Art Director and Director of Creative in efforts to ensure a high quality, consistent appearance and user experience across all consumer/client touch points.
- Effectively translate branding and marketing strategies into exceptional creative concepts and executions.
- Develop, create, and execute innovative concepts in keeping with established brand standards and guidelines.
- Prepare and present creative deliverables within department and across the company.
- Work with outside vendors to ensure the highest quality final production.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one year of proven success in print and online media delivered in an impressive portfolio of work (electronic submission or web portfolio preferred).
- Capabilities in online advertising design and web
- Fully fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, lnDesign, Photoshop, as well as experience designing in HTML.
- Ability to effectively translate general direction into compelling communications.
- Must have great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work well in a team.
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.