James Doyle Design Associates (JDDA)Job Location:
James Doyle Design Associates (JDDA) is a nationally recognized landscape design studio located in Greenwich, Connecticut. Our passions lie in creating meaningful and memorable landscapes for residential clients. Our work is diverse and found throughout the United States and abroad. Projects range from intimate urban rooftops to rural country farms, waterfront homes, and estates. Our team is comprised of landscape designers and landscape architects with unique backgrounds and interests. Our design process seeks to create solutions that are informed by architectural context and site history, while being ecologically sensitive. We collaborate with affiliated professionals including architects, interior designers, engineers, landscape contractors, and environmental consultants to design and implement a shared vision. At JDDA, we celebrate the merger of living and built environments to ensure functional, detailed, and above all, beautiful landscapes.
JDDA is seeking an entry-level landscape designer/landscape Architect to join our Greenwich studio. JDDA offers a vibrant and innovative work environment that allows for individual growth and creative expression. We seek a well-rounded and creative individual who will become an integral member of our team. Our environment and collaborative style are ideally suited to fostering the growth and development of young designers. We are located in the heart of the downtown Greenwich business district in walking distance to the metro-north commuter train.
Qualified candidates should be motivated, creative, efficient, and flexible enough to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Candidates should also be critical thinkers with attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Assisting with and participating in all phases of project development, including site inventory and analysis, schematic design, construction detailing, document production, project coordination, installation oversight, and client communication
- Drafting plans, details, and illustrative drawings
- Researching suitable planting and hardscape materials for site specific applications
- Coordinating with architects, civil and structural engineers, contractors, and regulatory agencies
- Creating renderings, digitally or manually, as needed to communicate design intent to clients
- Proficiency in AutoCad, MS Office, and Adobe Creative Suite is required, Sketchup and Lumion are a plus
- A working knowledge of plant material is preferred
B.L.A. or M.L.A. preferred
Salary commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package is offered, including healthcare, vacation and 401k.
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com.