NY Department of Transportation (NYSDOT)Job Location:
To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law. A viable eligible list may not exist in this location and NYSDOT may be authorized to make a provisional appointment at this location. Candidates appointed provisionally must take and pass the next scheduled Civil Service examination, and be reachable on the resulting eligibility list, or their employment in the position (may have hold item) will end.
The minimum requirements for taking the Junior Landscape Architect examination are you must have either a bachelor’s or higher-level degree in landscape architecture or a Landscape Architect’s License from any state or political subdivision of the United States. Junior landscape architects who have successfully completed one year of service and have passed Sections 1 and 2 of the Landscape Architect Registration examination (LARE) will be advanced to Landscape Architect, Grade 20 (beginning salary). Failure to obtain a passing result on both Sections 1 & 2 of the LARE within the first year of service will result in removal from your position.
Under the direction of a higher-level supervisor/manager, the duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide landscape architecture design and support for capital program, maintenance, and special projects;
- Assist in the development and preparation of project plans, specifications, estimates, and correspondence;
- Organize and facilitate public meetings, workshops and hearings;
- Prepare architectural renderings and presentation material for public meetings;
- Provide technical assistance and support on American Disabilities Act (ADA) policy and regulations;
- Assist with erosion control plans and storm water management plans;
- Participate within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
- Responsibilities may also include serving a role within the Regional Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and a current resume no later than October 7, 2019 to:
Kelly LoBiondo, Administrative Services Director, New York State Department of Transportation, Region 8, 4 Burnett Boulevard, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
The New York State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minority group members, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided for the disabled.
In compliance with Public Law 99-603, candidates selected for appointment must provide an original document to prove their citizenship and/or legal right to work in the United States.
Email questions and comments to DOTPersonnel@dot.state.ny.us.