The Pine Barrens TribuneJob Location:
The Pine Barrens Tribune has an opening for a full-time graphic designer to design advertisements, layout/paginate its print and digital products, provide visual direction to clients and team members, maintain/create online media/web content, and design and execute other computer-generated visual materials (menus, posters, flyers, logos, pamphlets, etc.). Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator on Mac OS X a must.
Graphic Designer Requirements:
- Degree in graphic design or related field
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- A strong eye for visual composition
- Enthusiastic, hard working, organized, and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Outstanding customer service
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Mac and PC experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Emphasize appropriateness of style, execution, clarity of visual storytelling, impact, concept, accuracy and a commitment to proofreading and editing all design work
- Comprehensive knowledge of graphic design principles for all forms of advertising and media
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism
- Able to conduct preflighting and arrange production
To be successful in this position, you must be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and showing amazing attention to detail. You must be able to maintain a workflow that allows you to meet deadlines for multiple projects and possess the confidence and talent to create exciting work. This is an in-house position.
PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO WHEN APPLYING. Interested candidates can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: $500 to $650/week, commensurate with experience