Career Day 2019 - Friday, February 8
Penn State’s Stuckeman School Career Day is a vibrant event that enables professional firms to interact directly with the School’s award-winning students. The event presents a series of opportunities that encourage discovery, student engagement, and networking with alumni and professionals across the architecture, landscape architecture, and graphic design professions.
Our programs are consistently ranked among the top design programs in the country. Undergraduate programs (B.L.A., B.Arch., B.Design) and two- and three-year professional graduate programs (M.L.A., M.Arch.) cultivate students who are technically prepared to make an immediate impact in professional practice. The research-focused graduate programs (M.S. in L.A., M.S. in Arch., and Ph.D.) encourage our students towards deep investigations of complex problems.
Registration is now closed for Career Day 2019.
- Each firm will have access to the Career Day 'eNetworking platform’ (on BOX.com) to upload slides, videos, portfolios, promotional materials, and internship/career opportunities – anything companies would like to share with our students to help them learn more about your company.
- Digital platforms will be made available to students several weeks before the event, allowing time to learn about each participating firm. Students will have the ability to upload resumes and portfolios for review prior to the event.
- The platform will remain open for several weeks after the event to allow time for companies and students to continue networking.
- Each company must submit a poster to be printed and mounted for a backdrop at the expo. Posters are to be ARCH D size in portrait orientation (PDF format).
- Please use the naming convention "FirmName_Poster.pdf" for files. This should be uploaded to the firm’s BOX folder.
We look forward to this fantastic gathering and appreciate your interest in engaging with our students.
Director, Stuckeman School
Head, Landscape Architecture
Interim Head, Architecture
Head, Graphic Design
Schedule and Event Information
CAREER DAY: Friday, february 8
- Registration opens at 12:00 p.m.
- Firm exhibition from 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Evening reception at the Nittany Lion Inn from 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Each participating firm will be provided space in the exhibition area. This includes room for the printed poster, a small podium (roughly 16" x 16" surface), and chairs. This provides an excellent opportunity to engage with students and network with colleagues.
OPTIONAL INTERVIEWS: Saturday, february 9
- Optional interviews with students at the Bank of America Career Services Building from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Interview rooms may be scheduled for time with individual students (sign-up sheet will be provided). Firms are encouraged to schedule interviews to meet their current or expected needs. Firms must schedule their own interviews.