Toru Mitani’s work will be on display in the Rouse...
Penn State Institutes of Energy and the Environment (PSIEE) Internship
Do you like to write? Would you enjoy talking to faculty and students and writing about their research? If yes, then we have an internship for you!
The Penn State Institutes of Energy and the Environment (PSIEE) offers internships for both the summer term and academic year for undergraduate and graduate students interested in science writing and communication.
Intern tasks focus mainly on research, writing and photography for our e-newsletter and website. Interns perform background research, interview faculty and students, write science news and feature stories; other opportunities may include work on press releases, event marketing, web data mining for database/website updates, and online outreach and promotion via social media sites.
- Interest and knowledge of energy/environmental topics a plus but not required
- Strong research, writing, communication, and grammar skills
- Comfort with and aptitude for learning new technology systems
- Participation and experience with social media technology (Facebook,Twitter, etc.)
- General familiarity with websites and online publishing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Experience with photography/photo editing is a plus but not required
Hours and Compensation
Internships are for 10 hours per week and hours are scheduled with consideration of applicant’s class schedule. Interns are paid $10.00 per hour.
Applications are accepted throughout the year and application deadlines are below.
* Note: deadlines may be extended until positions are filled.
- Summer Term (early June through late August): April 30
- Fall Term (late August through early December): July 31
- Spring Term (early January through early May): November 30
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter describing your interest and qualifications
- Three writing samples
- Names and contact information for two references
How to Apply
Send complete applications via e-mail, fax or regular mail to:
PSIEE Director of Communications
Penn State Institutes of Energy and Environment
1F Land and Water Research Building
University Park, PA 16802
Fax: (814) 865-3378
No phone calls please