Toru Mitani’s work will be on display in the Rouse...
Landscape Architecture / Architecture Summer Internships - Gustafson Guthrie Nichol (GGN), Seattle, WA
2014 Summer Internship Announcement
Gustafson Guthrie Nichol (GGN) is seeking talented applicants for two paid summer internship positions. The internships are open to current landscape architecture and architecture students, both in the United States and abroad. The GGN internship program will expose the intern to as many facets of modern landscape architectural practice as possible. Interns will work with GGN project teams to produce site plans, renderings, 3D and physical models, AutoCAD drawings and details, and presentations for our current projects. Interns will also gain experience working outside the office, by accompanying project managers on local construction site visits and project team meetings. At the end of the internship, each intern may prepare and give a presentation of their work to the office.
As we wish to support and enhance the educational experience of our interns, the positions are available to students currently enrolled in an accredited university degree program (both undergraduate and graduate), and who will return to school to complete at least one more quarter or semester after the internship has ended. GGN does not require that applicants receive academic credit for an internship; however, we will support any student that wishes to do so. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
The interns will work from GGN’s Seattle, Washington office. At this time, we cannot host interns in our Washington, DC office.
Work Schedule and Duration
An internship typically lasts two to three months during the summer. Interns are expected to work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the phrase “GGN Intern 2014” in the subject line and include the following attachments:
1) Cover letter (1 page) –Provide responses to the following:
· Dates you will be available to intern at our office in Seattle
· Your model making abilities and experience
· What you hope to learn from your experience at GGN
· Any special interests you may have
· Tell us about your degree and when you expect to graduate
2) Resume (1 page) –Include your current university and what year you are in (i.e. year 2 of a 3 year program), as well as any previous education or related work experience you may have. Also, provide a list of software in which you are proficient.
3) Portfolio (8mb maximum file size) –Include the following:
· Project examples: clearly describe your role and contribution to the project
· High-quality samples of your best hand and computer aided graphics
· Examples of physical models you have made
Please send electronic applications in PDF format; we will not accept any mailed hard copies. Application deadline is February 28, 2014 at 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. GGN will review the submittals and develop a shortlist of applicants in March. We expect to conduct interviews and make final selections by April, 2014. Due to the anticipated number of applications, we cannot provide individual confirmation of receipt of applications.
Thank you for your interest in an internship with us. Please feel free to contact Fred Jala, Associate, via email at email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you.