LArch Alumni Group
All graduates of Penn State’s Landscape Architecture Department are automatically members of the Landscape Architecture Alumni Affiliate Program Group – LArch Alumni APG.
Our aim is to promote powerful, productive, and lasting linkages between students, faculty, and alumni for their mutual benefit.
The Board met its goal for a Program Endowment for the department in 2010. Through efforts of the past several years, it raised $25,000. As part of that effort, we created a special LArch Alumni reproduction series, which was inaugurated with four A.E. Bye photograph archival-quality reprints at the National ASLA meeting in Philadelphia in October 2008.
LArch Alumni APG Board of Directors
All alumni are eligible to run for a seat on the Board of Directors. Board members can serve up to two consecutive four-year terms. The Board usually meets three times a year. The affairs of the APG are conducted by the Board, which consists of 13 members, of which 10 are voting members:
- Six to be elected at large from the department alumni.
- Two to be appointed by the department head from the department alumni.
- The immediate Past President of the APG.
- A current faculty member to be appointed by the department head.
- Department Head, Assistant Department Head and Stuckeman School Director shall serve as ex-officio members.
- The President--or his/her designee--of the Arts and Architecture Alumni Society shall serve as an ex-officio member.
- The President of LASS, or his/her designee shall serve as the student representative as an ex-officio member.
Election of Board
The members shall be elected or appointed to the Board of Directors for four-year terms. The six at-large members can self- nominate, be nominated by the Board, by the department, or by any APG member. Elections will occur every two years by e-mail ballot to all APG members.