State College, PA
AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Weather Graphics Producer to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
The Weather Graphics Producer leads the production and implementation of video weather graphics across multiple AccuWeather platforms.
What You'll Be Doing
- Using graphic tools provided, build compelling video weather graphics for AccuWeather products, clients, and partners.
- Train and mentor broadcasters and producers in creating and organizing video weather graphics.
- Works with AccuWeather Meteorologists, broadcasters and producers to prepare accurate on-camera video weather forecasts either live or taped with AccuWeather’s consensus forecast.
- Generate daily content under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work in the fast-paced and demanding environment of live television.
- Adhere to all department policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology is preferred; however, a degree in Graphic Design with related experience of one to three years will be considered.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Previous experience in producing compelling video weather graphics is required.
- Previous experience with weather graphics systems (such as Baron’s, WSI, Weather Central, AccuWeather) is required
- Previous experience with graphic design software (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) is a plus
- Previous experience with video editing software (such as Premiere, Final Cut) is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate in the broadcast style is required.
- Superior Customer Service skills are required.
- Windows and MAC operating systems knowledge is required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for this role.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights if needed to fill in.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer