SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Washington, DC office of SmithGroupJJR, is looking for an Urban Designer with Project Management experience to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Be actively involved in the planning and design of community revitalization projects, transit-oriented development planning, mixed-use development master planning, and campus planning projects.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of planning and design professionals from SmithGroupJJR’s Washington DC office and other offices across the country.
- Engage with Marketing, Business Development and other disciplines to effectively market our services; including involvement in the preparation of qualification and proposal packages, interview materials and technical proposals.
- Assist in fostering client relationships both current and prospective.
- Demonstrate the ability to assist teams in profitably delivering design excellence and client satisfaction.
- Assist with writing master plan reports, technical reports, and articles for professional publication.
- Make presentations of planning and design ideas to clients, community groups, and professional organizations.
- Consistently demonstrate a commitment to SmithGroupJJR core values – Collaboration, Creativity, Community, Integrity and the Environment.
An ideal candidate has:
- 3-6 years of experience working in the urban design field. Experience in leading or managing project teams is helpful.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher, in Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Planning, or a related field.
- Professional registration/certification and LEED accreditation is preferred.
- Excellent skills in urban design and master planning.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent knowledge of, and facility with the use of graphic programs such as Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, GIS and AutoCAD. Knowledge of BIM is helpful.
- Proven ability to collaborate comfortably with diverse teams of colleagues.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking this link.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.