Walker MacyJob Location:
Walker Macy is seeking talented individuals for a summer internship in our Portland office. Walker Macy is an award winning firm in the Pacific Northwest with work throughout the Western states. While our focus is on public work – including urban parks and waterfronts – we pursue a broad range of projects, ranging from academic campuses to mixed use development. We have a collaborative, dynamic, and team oriented professional culture with a commitment to innovative design, sustainability, and client satisfaction.
During the summer, Walker Macy offers students the opportunity to participate in a three month internship to explore our profession and connect the theoretical with the practical. With a diverse range of projects to learn from, interns will be exposed to a range of scales and project types. Interns will be exposed to a range of professional activities and challenges such as exploring marketing efforts, urban planning, construction site visits, and design documentation. The ideal candidate will enjoy working on teams and have the ability to prioritize work tasks to meet deadlines.
This paid hourly position (40 hours per week) runs June through August.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Enrollment in an accredited landscape architecture program with at least three years of undergraduate study or two years of graduate study
- Enjoy project design and documentation at all stages
- Self-motivated, and have great communication skills (both verbally and written)
- Expertise in AutoCAD, 3-D modeling, Adobe Suite programs and hand sketching
- Willingness to learn and engage in a diverse range of tasks
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and PDF portfolio to email@example.com.
Due: April 20, 2018 – late submittals will not be accepted
Notification: May 04, 2018