DHDA is an award-winning landscape design studio specializing in world-class residential design for projects across the U.S. and abroad. Based in Connecticut, our studio combines a high level of artistry with a healthy respect for architectural context through collaboration with renowned architects and interior designers. This position is for our Greenwich, CT office which is just 45 minutes from New York City (office is walkable from the Metro North station).
The Summer Internship Program provides the opportunity to work in a truly collaborative setting, gain field work experience, and develop interests in the materiality of the landscape. Along with this the candidate will learn about office dynamics, submission requirements, permitting, plan approval process and interacting with clients.
As an intern you will be engaged in all of our office activities, including bi-weekly educational design sessions, studio field trips and occasional summer socials. We work hard, but like to have fun.
Responsibilities of the intern position would include, but not be limited to, CAD drafting, field work, submittal preparation, graphics and various other tasks.
This is a paid internship program and is highly competitive. Housing and transportation are the candidate’s responsibility.
Curiosity to learn about residential design
- Interest in the allied arts such as architecture, interior design and furniture design
- Desire to participate as part of a team
- Organized and detail oriented
- Outstanding design and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite, Microsoft and Lumion
- Hand drawing skills and horticultural knowledge are an asset
Requirements for Application:
- Cover letter including a paragraph of goals and expectations of the internship program
- Portfolio (Please submit in PDF Form)
- Professor letter of recommendation
This internship is open to second and third year students.
Deadline to apply is March 20, 2017. Please email the above to CAREERS@DHDA.COM
with “2017 Internship” in the subject field. Please visit our website at DHDA.COM for more information.