The Division of Planning, Design, & Properties (PDP) is seeking landscape architecture, architecture, and architectural engineering students as interns for the summer of 2019.
The primary mission of this group is to promote wise stewardship of the University’s physical assets and to provide responsive, high quality, and creative planning & design solutions, as well as project oversight, for both exterior and interior spaces, in support of the University’s mission.
Core responsibilities include:
- Master planning
- Architectural design and oversight
- Interior space planning and programming
- Landscape architectural design and oversight
- Exterior and interior signage
- Managing University real estate.
Based on the applicants’ backgrounds and interests, the successful candidates will assist staff with a wide variety of tasks, some of which may include:
- Site reconnaissance & research
- Design conceptualization & development
- Project design meetings & job conferences
- Graphic design & production
- Documentation & database management
- Construction observation
- Historical review and/or cataloging information regarding existing buildings
- Observations and polling of user satisfaction of recently completed projects
- E-Builder and process improvement support
Excellent visual, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are important, along with proficiency using AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office.Hand drawing skills are a plus.