The Institute for CyberScience (ICS) seeks a student communications intern for a marketing and web copywriting position in Summer 2017. ICS is a research institute that supports Penn State researchers across a range of disciplines who use computational or data‐driven methods.
Key responsibilities include:
- Campaigning to add contacts to ICS’s MailChimp lists;
- Managing our current list of contacts, inputting details about each individual;
- Writing copy for and sending emails to our list; developing ICS’s social media presence;
- Drafting copy for pages on the ICS website.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in event planning and execution;
- Creating presentations about ICS;
- Writing copy for print productions;
- Writing news items.
The ideal candidate is someone with demonstrated skills in email marketing, social media marketing, and web copywriting who is actively interested in science, engineering, or high‐performance computing and able to learn about new topics.
Experience with MailChimp or a similar email marketing system, as well as with Drupal or a similar content management system, is preferred. Candidates should also possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines, and experience working independently.
This is a paid internship for Summer 2017 with the strong possibility of renewal for Fall 2017; the intern must be available to work 20 hours/week in summer and approximately 12 hours/week during the fall semester. The opportunity is open to both undergraduates and graduate students.