The Neighborhood Design Center seeks a Project Coordinator to support ongoing built environment design work for our Prince George's County office. This is a full-time position with benefits, starting around August 15, 2017.
The Neighborhood Design Center, founded in 1968, provides access to low cost design services in underserved communities in Baltimore City and Prince George’s County, Maryland. In collaboration with neighborhood groups, local government agencies, and fellow nonprofits, we support locally driven initiatives for neighborhoods pursuing improved quality of life within their built environments.
About the Position:
The project coordinator will work with NDC program managers on select projects, focused on issues of neighborhood planning, streetscaping, community engagement, and placemaking. Tasks may include coordinating and facilitating community and volunteer meetings, researching project-related issues and best practices, and creating design documents for internal and external use.
The Neighborhood Design Center is a team-oriented, creative work environment. A flexible mindset and willingness to ‘pitch in’ are highly valued. The salary range is from $40,000-$45,000/year, commensurate with skills and experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, graphic design, or related fields
- Excellent design skills, including the ability to articulate concepts verbally and in writing
- Facility with Adobe Creative Suite and AutoCAD necessary; Sketchup, ArcGIS desirable
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Energetic and self-directed, with effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders and clients
- Strong personal commitment to community design and social justice
- A good sense of humor
Please feel free to email us with questions about the position. NDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.