Michael Baker InternationalJob Location:
Moon Township, PA
Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?
Michael Baker International provides engineering and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference.
Why do we do what we do; why is it important?
For most of us, it’s because it enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
So what does a Project Architect at Michael Baker International do?
As an integral component of our Architecture/Engineering Practice, we are looking for a recently-licensed architect who is enthusiastic and motivated with responsibilities including design and documentation for a broad range of project types. With and ongoing focus on growing Federal, Department of Defense, and International project opportunities, along with market-driven diversification including Healthcare, Commercial, Transit, and Adaptive Re-Use, the Project Architect will work in multi-disciplinary, collaborative design teams with architects, interior designers, site/civil engineers, and building systems engineers. You must demonstrate creative problem-solving, organizational skills, strong production management capabilities, and a good understanding of construction documents and constructability.
Can you walk me through a typical day of a Project Architect?
- A typical day offers tremendous opportunities to design and lead small to mid-size architecture projects or to collaborate as part of a larger team executing large, complex designs
- Our culture encourages engagement and continuity through all phases of a project, from programming/concept design through construction phase services
- Given our multi-disciplinary environment, a typical day may involve spontaneous problem-solving with interior designers, structural and/or building systems engineers
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
- We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this with world class learning and development that leads to career advancement.
- As your knowledge, experience and capabilities increase, opportunities in project or program management, technical or operations management, and business development may develop as career paths.
Could you be the Project Architect we are looking for?
- You’ll need a BS/BA Architecture; Bachelor of Architecture; or MS/MA Architecture (4-6 year Degree)
- Initial licensure as a Registered Architect (RA)
- This position requires 4-7 years of experience in the design and documentation of architecture projects beyond initial licensure, including well-developed skills in three-dimensional visualization and comprehensive building design
- You’ll need to be organized and confident. Design talent, graphic presentation and effective visual/verbal communication skills are essential. You should possess a proficient understanding of inter-relationships among design/engineering disciplines, clients, and constructors
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role
- Naturally, you’ll need to demonstrate proficiency in Building Information Modeling (BIM)[Autodesk Revit Architecture 2016]/AutoCAD 2016 and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) computer skills
- Experience with graphics/rendering software (SketchUp, Adobe 3D Max, Maya, Rhino, etc.) to quickly and effectively communicate ideas is preferred
How do I apply?
Select the Apply Online button at the top or bottom of this ad, and provide us your resume.
Moon Township, PA
As the largest, collaborative Architecture and Building Engineering (A/E) Practice location within Michael Baker International, the Pittsburgh A/E Practice is a multi-disciplinary, full-service group comprised of nearly 100 professionals including Architects, Interior Designers, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Communications, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Engineers, as well as additional specialty disciplines, including Program/Project Managers and Sustainability Design.