State College, PA
AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for an Intern, Marketing Graphics Design to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
AccuWeather is looking for a Marketing Graphics Design Intern for the Spring 2017 Semester. Reporting to the Director of Creative, you will grow your skills and build your resume while gaining invaluable experience in the areas of graphic design. This is a paid fall internship, beginning in January and ending in May.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide forward-thinking creative design for all forms of print, collateral, and online media
- Inspire creative collaboration across the organization
- Effectively translate branding and marketing strategies into exceptional creative concepts and executions
- Develop and create innovative concepts in keeping with project scope: strategic positioning, business requirements, timelines, deadlines, and budgets
- Work with the Marketing Creative Director to deliver outstanding design for all-things digital: online advertising, digital marketing, business development initiatives, websites etc.
- Prepare creative deliverables (brand boards, creative comps, and style guides)
- Present creative concepts within department and across company
- Manage creative process and work with outside vendors to ensure quality final production
- Other duties as assigned
Experience We Are Looking For
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop, as well as proven experience designing in HTML and Flash
- Must have great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to work well in a team
- Knowledge of Quark Express a plus
- Currently working toward a 2 year or 4 year degree in Graphics Design
AccuWeather is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.