Yonder Mountain Conservation Co.Job Location:
State College, PA
What Yonder Mountain does: Custom landscape design installation, exquisite and highly-detailed property maintenance, artistic container gardening, quality fence construction, snow removal & more...
We are a full-service company that partners or sub-contracts with other related specialists (arborists, environmental designers, etc.) who have similar company philosophies. Our goal is teaching clients the importance of using the best cultural practices to manage their landscape, while positively affecting the environment around them as well.
The gardening season typically starts for us in early March (but this is dependent on weather), and goes through December (weather permitting.) We usually perform snow removal operations at some point in December through March.
The day for this position begins at 8:00 am, and ends near 4:00 pm. An average day during the busy time of year might be 8+ hours. In the field of landscaping/fine gardening, flexibility is key. There are times of the year that are busier than others, so willingness & availability to work is a must.
Above all...have some passion for the outdoors and a positive attitude in the office.
We are looking for an extremely creative and motivated individual with a strong design and horticultural background, in combination with strong interpersonal skills to join our winning team and continue our tradition of exceptional service. Individual will help company owner oversee design build installation, scheduling and sales. Our current team is made up of professional individuals who are the best at what they do, and we want to continue growing.
- Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Contracting.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of plants in Central PA.
- Knowledge of the nursery industry is a plus.
- Yonder Mountain believes in hiring people, not positions. Interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, and a strong work ethic are paramount.
- Strong graphic skills, hand drawing and computerized drawings. (Photoshop, CAD, Illustrator, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to learn!
Please contact Shane Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) for application instructions.