The Internship opportunity was created to introduce the student to the Design/Build sector of the landscape architecture profession. The internship exposes the student to a wide range of professional interaction and field experiences within the design department, construction department and the maintenance department, exploring the many roles of our team members within a project.
This program is intended to develop the intern into an entry-level designer, with the confidence and skills necessary to excel as they return to finish their education and enter the profession. It takes a community to raise an intern! The most important thing to remember is this student is here to LEARN...not to be utilized as a workhorse.
This program is designed to be the most beneficial for the summer (May-August) intern, allowing them to experience all aspects of the industry. Each interns experience will be unique exposure to the Design/Build profession, with valuable time scheduled within each division, estimated to be approximately a month per division (time frame may vary).
The Internship schedule is designed in such a way so that at the beginning of the internship he/she learns the graphic standards and presentation procedures of Rocco Fiore & Sons. Next, he/she will move through the construction and maintenance departments, experiencing existing sites, and how properties are developed and installed.
- Site Analysis and Site Survey
- Presentation Packets
- Digital Resource Library
- AutoCAD, SketchUP and Adobe Suite
- Site Layout
- Site Removals/Preparation
- Hardscape Installation
- Plant Installation
- Site Grading/Drainage
- Overview of intent regarding horticulture, systems and customer service
- Understanding maintenance as vital to achieve design intent
- Department overview, structure and processes
- Site Analysis or Critique of Maintenance Sites
- Follow a site from conception to presentation, creating your own design and presentation materials. Design would then be critiqued by Design Department.