SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,300 experts across 13 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists—from artists and engineers, to nurses, workplace strategists and beyond—develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces.
The San Francisco office of SmithGroup is looking for a Landscape Architectural Intern to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Assists with the full range of landscape architectural services on small to medium sized projects.
- Help evaluate, select, and approve materials and products.
- Create and develop planning and design concepts for projects.
An ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates effectiveness in working in a team setting, communicating with others, customer satisfaction, and technical competence.
- Contributes proactively to the project team.
- Has strong graphic and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to understand and communicate with professionals of other disciplines.
- Is proficient in current design software including Civil 3D, SketchUp - VRay, GIS, Adobe Suite, Lumion as well as Microsoft Office.
- Takes an active role in a student organization/association.
- Six semesters of coursework toward Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture and 0 – 3 years of related experience (such as summer, co-op or intern work in the AE field) required.
SmithGroup’s intern program provides students with the opportunity to apply both classroom and past experience learning to real world application. Interns will participate in hands-on project work, weekly “Lunch & Learn” sessions, office activities, and mentor pairing.
The 2019 Internship Program for the San Francisco office runs from May 20th through August 8th. Application deadline is February 1, 2019. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline. Interviews (in person or video) will be scheduled beginning December 2018 through February 2019. Intern selection will be completed by no later than the first week of March 2019.
To apply, visit this link
. Please include a resume and portfolio that demonstrates your design strength.
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.