Environmental Planning & Design, LLCJob Location:
Environmental Planning & Design, LLC, (EPD) celebrating 80 years, is one of the oldest landscape architecture firms in the United States and has developed a nationally-acclaimed practice in landscape architecture, community planning and urban design. EPD’s office is a fast-paced design studio where we work on exciting projects ranging from riverfront parks, community master plans, and brownfield redevelopments to green infrastructure design and installation. Our diverse project base and direct collaboration with the firm’s principals allows professionals to gain insight and hands-on knowledge not typically available elsewhere.
We are proud to call Downtown Pittsburgh our home. The Pittsburgh region is renowned for its rich history, diverse outdoor amenities, burgeoning food scene, excellent sports teams, and top-quality cultural venues. We enjoy access to many hiking/biking and water trails including the Great Allegheny Passage and the Three Rivers Heritage Trail. These assets provide opportunities to get away outside of office life. Convenient public transportation from our office location is available adjacent to our office.
Environmental Planning & Design is looking for a creative, self-motivated, enthusiastic designer with strong design, graphic, and computer application skills.
- Strong hand graphics, illustration, and rendering skills.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Office; ArcGIS and MicroStation/AutoCAD.
- Ability to produce high-quality illustrations and computerized models in Rhino and Sketch Up.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects.
- Prepare design concepts, design development drawings, and construction documents. Includes the preparation of colored presentation graphics and drawings.
- Possess solid technical skills (grading, construction, etc.), sustainable principals.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong time management skills and be able to work towards hard deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture, architecture or urban design.
- 0-3 years of experience in landscape architecture.
- Dual degrees that combine landscape architecture, architecture, urban design, and/or urban planning are strongly encouraged to apply.
EPD is an EOE employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If your interest in EPD has been stimulated and you would like to work with talented designers, please forward your resume, samples of your work (digital and hand-drawn) along with a transcript to email@example.com. Digital materials should not exceed 20MB. No phone calls, please. We will be in touch after reviewing your qualifications.