CITY OF NEW YORK PARKS & RECREATION
CITYWIDE JOB VACANCY NOTICE: Job ID No. 339949
Office Title: Landscape Architect Intern
Civil Service Title: Landscape Architect Intern Title Code No: 21306 Level: NA
Salary: $47,860 - $55,039
Number of Positions: 1 Work Location: Olmsted Center, Queens
The mission of Forestry, Horticulture and Natural Resources is to protect, restore, expand and manage New York City’s natural spaces and green infrastructure to maximize their benefits and promote their value within and outside of the urban ecosystem. The division is responsible for citywide urban forestry, ecological and horticulture initiatives. The Green Infrastructure team creates a system of engineered landscapes that transform impervious grey space to green space to maximize environmental benefits, particularly storm water capture, in a cost effective manner.
- Under supervision, perform landscape architectural work of moderate difficulty and responsibility for our Green Infrastructure unit within Forestry, Horticulture & Natural Resources.
- Prepare landscape architectural contract drawings, specifications and estimated bid quantities.
- Investigate and propose solutions to problems of grading, spatial organization and site utilization.
- Examine consultant contract drawings, specifications and construction estimates; submit reports.
- Develop landscaping maps and data for existing conditions and for new or proposed additions or changes.
- Conduct site inspections for quality assurance.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited college or university.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to design and complete Landscape Architecture projects as demonstrated by a portfolio.
- Knowledge of green infrastructure principles and practices.
- Certification as an arborist by the International Society of Arboriculture or registered as a consulting arborist by the American Society of Consulting Arborists.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, PowerPoint and 3D rendering.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Driver license valid in New York State.
This is a full-time year-round paid position.
How to Apply
Go to nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID# 339949
POST DATE: 03/30/18 POST UNTIL: 04/20/18
NOTE: All resumes must be received no later than the last day of the posting period. References will be required upon request. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy or require a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please call the Personnel division at (212) 830-7851.