Scott Byron & CompanyJob Location:
Lake Bluff, IL
Founded in 1983, Scott Byron & Co. is a leading, Chicago-area landscape firm with a longstanding reputation for creating elegant, outdoor environments for both residential and commercial properties. The company’s 275 employees design, build and maintain extraordinary environments while creating an expression of Art in Harmony with Nature . Visit www.scottbyron.com to learn more.
The Landscape Architecture Designer Intern will perform tasks to support and assist our innovated design team by expanding your knowledge and skill set of landscape design build.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Support Landscape Designers, Surveyor, and Architects with all phases of a project.
- Hand graphic and computer-generated design support.
- Create with AutoCAD, Adobe, Microsoft, and SketechUp.
- Research product materials for information regarding weight calculations, construction methods, cost comparisons, etc.
- Assist in surveying, site inventory and analysis.
- Assist designers with permits including city code research, calculations, and applications.
- Contribute to residential and commercial landscape designs and drafting.
- Communicate with Sales and Estimating teams, Project Managers, Subcontractors, and Clients.
- Travel to jobsites to assist surveyor / designer to measure and analyze the site to evaluate it based on the project criteria.
- Contribute to development of department procedures and operating standards.
- Set priorities and meet deadlines in an organized, timely manner.
- Maintain good communication, high standards, and positive relations with coworkers, customers and the public.
- Represent the Company in a positive manner at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Junior or Senior in pursuit of a Bachelor or Graduate degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Interested in hardscape and landscape design for residential and commercial properties.
- Knowledge of plant materials and hardscape.
- AutoCAD and Adobe skills, experience in SketchUp, Photoshop, and InDesign is a plus
- Strong hand graphics is a plus.
- Has own transportation to participate in jobsite activities
- Ability to work independently and/or in teams.
- Landscape Design: 1 year (Required)
License or certification:
- Driver's License (Required)
To apply, please submit a resume and portfolio to: Sydney Lecy (firstname.lastname@example.org)