Scott Byron & CompanyJob Location:
Lake Bluff, IL
Founded in 1983, Scott Byron & Co. is a leading, Chicago-area landscape firm with a longstanding reputation for creating elegant, outdoor environments for both residential and commercial properties. The company’s 275 employees design, build and maintain extraordinary environments while creating an expression of Art in Harmony with Nature . Visit www.scottbyron.com to learn more.
Scott Byron & Co. is looking for a talented, creative individual to be a part of our design build firm!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support Landscape Designers, Surveyor, and Architects with all phases of a project. * * Hand graphic and computer-generated design support.
- Create with AutoCAD, Adobe, Microsoft, and SketchUp.
- Research product materials for information regarding weight calculations, construction methods, cost comparisons, etc.
- Assist in surveying, site inventory and analysis.
- Assist designers with permits including city code research, calculations, and applications.
- Contribute to residential and commercial landscape designs and drafting.
- Communicate with Sales and Estimating teams, Project Managers, Subcontractors, and Clients to develop a design that meets the client’s needs and wants.
- Work with Project Managers and Subcontractors to ensure design intent is followed through the entire installation phase. Meet on-site and in-office to work through construction details, problem solving on-site issues, and any other design components.
- Travel to job sites to assist surveyor / designer to measure and analyze the site to evaluate it based on the project criteria.
- Communicate and meet with subcontractors and clients as needed for project development (occasional evening meetings, but generally during office hours).
- Contribute to development of department procedures and operating standards.
- Set priorities and meet deadlines in an organized, timely manner.
- Maintain good communication, high standards, and positive relations with coworkers, customers and the public.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or Horticulture with a focus on design required and one to three years related experience and/or training.
- Licensure as a Landscape Architect or intention to obtain licensure in Illinois and/or Wisconsin is a plus
- Strong understanding and practical application of the technical construction aspects of high-end landscape installation. * Interested in hardscape and landscape design for residential and commercial properties.
- Knowledge of plant materials and hardscape.
- Proficient in AutoCAD is required, experience in SketchUP, Photoshop, and InDesign is a plus.
- Strong hand graphics is a plus.
- Has own transportation to participate in jobsite activities.
- Ability to meet short and long-term deadlines to ensure projects stay on track and meet client expectations.
- Ability to work independently and/or in teams.
- Comprehensive Group Medical Coverage
- Profit Sharing
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Cafeteria 125 Program Voluntary Insurances: Dental, Supplemental Life Insurance, Long-term and Short-term Disability
- Landscape Architecture: 1 year (Required)
- Landscape Design: 1 year (Required)
- Lake Bluff, IL 60044 (Preferred)
Licenses or certifications:
- Driver's License (Required)
- Landscape Architect (Preferred)
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio to: Sydney Lecy (email@example.com)