NYC ParksJob Location:
Randall's Island, NY
- Under direction, serve as lead or independent designer for landscape architecture projects of advanced complexity and provide support on other design projects. Manage an interdisciplinary project team to ensure timely completion of work. Provide project-based oversight to junior staff on design projects.
- Investigate and recommend solutions to relevant problems of grading, spatial organization and site utilization. Prepare suitable graphics and presentations to communicate design intent. Present projects to other internal and external stakeholders.
- Using AutoCAD and other software, prepare and/or manage the preparation of contract drawings. Develop specifications, cost estimates and estimates of quantities for the proposed work.
- Review sites and designs with construction and maintenance personnel. Obtain all necessary approvals for proposed designs. Monitor progress of construction by reviewing and approving shop drawings. Conduct occasional site inspections for quality assurance.
- A Master’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and three (3) years of full-time, satisfactory experience in landscape architectural work; or
- Four (4) years of full-time, satisfactory experience in landscape architectural work.
- Proven design ability in landscape architectural work.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of sustainability, resilience and universal design principles.
- Portfolio demonstrates strong skills in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator and 3D Rendering (link on resume to digital portfolio preferred).
- Adept at creating presentations in InDesign and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- At least one year leading a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
- A driver license valid in New York State.