We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong background utilizing geospatial data for analysis and visualization. The successful applicant will become an expert in our TerraTools and Source Data Preparation software suites in order to build complex 3D terrain visualizations for defense modeling, simulation, and training applications. As part of the software development process, your duties will also include working with software engineers to design new products, test software, and write documentation. You will also provide customer support and training to our broad customer base.Qualifications:
- Excellent academic preparation in GIS, geography, or other related fields (bachelor's degree preferred)
- Interest and talent in large-scale geo data processing and 3D visualization
- Experience using GIS, image processing, or LIDAR software (such as ArcGIS, Global Mapper, QGIS, Imagine) for significant source data creation or editing projects
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including technical documentation and oral presentations
- Strong problem solving skill for use in software testing and customer support activities
Other beneficial experience:
- Experience and aptitude for scripting languages (such as Tcl, Perl, Python)
- Independent research or internship
- Teaching experience
- Experience in software customer support
- Experience with software QA
- Experience with 3D modeling programs
- Game engine experience: VBS/Arma, Unity, Havok, Unreal, etc.
- Constructive simulation experience: OneSAF, JCATS, CTDB, etc.
- Experience with drone mapping
As a small technology company, we offer a highly flexible work environment and many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. You will be working with globally recognized leaders in the fields of simulation, 3D GIS, and spatial data processing.Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a complete benefits package, including a 401(K) plan.Full-time applicants must be U.S. citizens or authorized to work in the U.S. Applicants must be willing to work in our Pittsburgh office.TerraSim is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.