Description & Details
Martinkovic Milford Architects is a vibrant , forward-looking and ambitious firm seeking an equally capable and ambitious individual at the Junior Designer level, with approximately 2-4 years of experience.
Our Guiding Values
Relationships are everything. We go out of our way to support one another within the firm, and know we can accomplish more as a team than as individuals. We seek to provide our clients with the very best service imaginable. Not only is the project important to us, our ongoing relationship with the client is important to us.
Design solves problems. We take great care to understand what the client really needs, and use the power of design to accomplish those goals thoughtfully and meaningfully. We always seek out ways the design could get better.
Blue collar/white collar. While we provide the very best white collar professional services, we have a blue collar approach to the work. We aren’t afraid of hard work or difficult challenges, and if something needs to get done any of us will do it. The approach to the work goes hand-in-hand with the quality of the work.
We are a meritocracy. We look for talented people who share our vision and values, and provide ample opportunities for individual challenges and growth while working in service of the client and firm.
We are constantly advancing the firm. We consistently improve our internal processes and recently re-branded and launched our new website, and opened a satellite office in New York City.
Why your experience at MMA will be different from other architectural firms.
- Be provided exposure to a variety of project types with some ability to self-direct on which projects you are involved in;
- Be afforded a high degree autonomy;
- Have opportunities for mentorship from Senior Architects and Principals;
- Be provided responsibility equal or just beyond your talents, skills, and experience;
- Be part of designing and building projects, building your personal skills and experience and building an exceptional firm.
As a Junior Designer, you will be expected to contribute meaningfully on all phases of project production, from schematic design to construction administration, coordination with vendors, consultants, contractors and clients on several projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about architecture and design, eager to assist and learn in whatever capacity is needed and will interact with team members and clients to insure smooth work flow and successful project delivery.
Martinkovic Milford Architects is seeking a graduate of an NAAB accredited school of architecture to join a talented, dynamic, collaborative team of architects and designers.
Three primary duties:
- Collaborate with Project Managers for design and production of construction documents
- Be friendly
- Bring your A game every day
- Open and collaborative environment, friendly, fun culture. You will be surrounded by very competent, dedicated professionals.
- Mentoring program at all levels.
- Regular events: Lecture series by industry luminaries, happy hours, catered lunch-and-learns, in house design competitions.
- Very open and transparent firm, you will be afforded high visibility to the internal management of projects, marketing efforts, and financial management of firm.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical and Dental Insurance Benefits
- Employee referral bonus program
- Tax-free transit benefits
- Great downtown San Francisco location with easy access to public transportation
- Personal professional development budget and paid professional development time
- A stocked kitchen, including healthy snacks and lots of caffeine
How to Apply
While MMA is seeking Junior Designers and Project Architects, we are always open to discussing opportunities with talented architecture professionals at all levels.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.