Ogawa/Depardon Architects (ODA)Job Location:
New York, NY
Ogawa/Depardon Architects, launched in 1987, has designed well over fifty major projects encompassing urban design master plans, commercial, institutional & residential buildings. Led by Kathryn Ogawa & Gilles Depardon, the multidisciplinary partnership creates simple, refined & inspired solutions based on principal-driven design direction & attentive project management. Having each worked at an internationally recognized architectural firm—Gilles as Senior Designer at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill & Kathryn as an Associate at I.M. Pei & Partners—they each bring deep experience designing & managing small- & large-scale projects. As a testament to Ogawa/Depardon Architects ability to develop outstanding creative solutions, Their work has been honored with awards, attracted international attention & has been widely published in leading industry publications including Interior Design Magazine, I.D Magazine, New York Times Home Section & Arbitare.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in all project phases, including conceptual design, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production
- Produce graphic presentations, 2D/3D renderings, and construction drawings; model making when needed
Minimum Skill Requirements
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.
- Strong conceptual & spatial design ability,
- Strong communication, organizational and collaborative skills,
- Practical knowledge of construction,
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Suite & 3D modelling as a minimum,
- Talented in preparation of presentation material for city agencies
- Excellent problem solver with good listening skills and strong follow through.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Professional degree in Architecture, BArch and above,
- Minimum 1-3 years of professional experience in the U.S. (Examples of such should be apparent in portfolio submission).
Salary is competitive and based on experiences/skill level. All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
- 1 PDF w/ cover letter, resume (with references) and samples of relevant work (both academic and professional).
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Submit application firstname.lastname@example.org w
ith the subject heading “Junior Architect”. File size must not exceed 5MB.
- Please no phone calls and walk-ins.