Lynn Gaffney ArchitectJob Location:
Become that indispensable architect, right-hand to the principal
Are you interested in being an integral part of all the challenges and opportunities a small architectural firm offers? Lynn Gaffney (AIA, LEED AP, Certified Passive House Designer) is looking for an architect with a few years’ experience to assist her with a wide range of projects as she regrows her firm, Lynn Gaffney Architect, PLLC – www.lynngaffney.com. Lynn will rely on you for design contribution and drafting through all phases of projects - schematic presentations through construction documents sets. You would gain site experience with initial surveys as well as construction observation. Lynn needs your strong research skills to explore reference projects, detail development, code strategies, products and materials. And bring your social media knowhow to the job, keeping the firm’s pages current and effective.
Lynn Gaffney Architect, founded in 1997, is a nationally recognized, full-service architecture firm, distinguished by the range of work which is diverse in scale, spatial qualities, and style. The firm’s recent and current portfolio consists of single family residential (renovations, additions, and new construction), cohousing and other community-based housing, restaurants, and non-profit, community service type projects. Lynn Gaffney Architect is a small firm located in a large, open co-working space in the Gowanus neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY. This position will start as soon as possible (Mid May 2018); it is full-time and working remotely is not an option. Salary and benefits will be discussed during interviews.
Qualifications and skills requirements:
- Bachelors of Architecture degree
- One or two years of experience within an architectural firm
- Architectural license not required but NCARB process started
- Architectural computer skills – Autocad, Sketch-up, Photoshop
- MS Office computer skills –word, excel, powerpoint
- Marketing – facebook, instagram, basic knowledge of wordpress
- Easy and confident communicator – verbally, graphically, and written
- Characteristics – intuitive, independent, adaptable, organized
- Interest in passive house strategies and cohousing communities a plus
Please send resume/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org