Sweetwater Center for the ArtsJob Location:
Art Education & Outreach Intern
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the planning and management of programs
- Aide teaching artists in classrooms
- Assist children with tasks
- Assist with development of course catalog
- Conduct research and collect information
- Assist with summer camp registration
- Compile data from program evaluations and Enrollment Surveys
- Produce storytelling and publicity pieces
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Graduate or undergraduate college/university student
- Excellent oral, written, and organization skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team
- Positive attitude and adaptability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Arts Education a plus
- Must have clearances to work with children
Days and hours are negotiable, with ability to work on and off site.
This is a non-paid position. Candidates must be able to receive college credit to be eligible for this internship. If you are interested in this position but cannot receive college credit we still encourage you to apply, as we also have volunteer opportunities available.
About Sweetwater Center for the Arts
Sweetwater Center for the Arts is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization. At Sweetwater, our mission is simple: to enrich the lives of children and adults in the community we serve by providing excellence in arts education and cultural programs. Sweetwater offers nearly 400 classes, workshops, and lectures annually in the visual, performing, literary and culinary arts for children, teens, and adults at every skill level, from beginner to experienced. Sweetwater's multidisciplinary approach includes classes in ceramics/sculpture, cooking, drawing, painting, photography, jewelry & metalsmithing, fiber arts, traditional crafts as well as private music lessons. In addition to education programming, Sweetwater provides cultural programming that is open to the public and offered for free or for a nominal cost - including musical performances, educational lectures, and exhibitions featuring local, regional, national, and international artists. Through gallery exhibitions, educational programming, and fundraising events, Sweetwater supports over 300 emerging and professional artists, musicians, and teachers throughout the region annually.
How to apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to Anna Reed, at firstname.lastname@example.org.