Bucknell University (Athletics Department)Job Location:
- Currently enrolled in a full time undergraduate or graduate degree program with a focus in marketing, graphic design, communications, illustration, or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and other design platforms is preferred
- Experience with sports video services or an appropriate substitution of general display presentation software (i.e., VISIX, vSOFT, Venus 1500).
- Experience with game management systems (Colorado Timing, Daktronics, etc.)
- Basic understanding of audio and video signal flow and TCP/IP networking in relation to converged audio/video industry.
- Enthusiasm for learning new software tools, media equipment and game entertainment strategies is essential.
- Strong interest in creative problem solving, the application of emerging technological standards and providing functional, high quality services is required.
- Self-starter who has the ability to balance multiple tasks, produce high-quality work on tight deadlines, and be able to manage a work schedule that includes some evening and weekend work.
- Capture, create, control, maintain and produce video scoreboard graphics, features and activities displayed during home events in Sojka Pavilion (M/W Basketball), Kinney Natatorium (M/W Swimming/Diving and M/W Water Polo), Davis Gym (Wrestling, Volleyball) and, external events utilizing athletic facilities.
- Provide technology support of in-house audio-visual equipment that includes, but is not limited to, scoreboards, videoboards, timing systems, streaming, video walls and messaging centers. This also includes troubleshooting any problems that may occur with equipment/software; making simple on-site repairs as appropriate; and, scheduling/overseeing service repairs.
- Serve as game-day video board operator/director for events in Sojka Pavilion and Davis Gym.
- Responsible for conceptualization and creation of video content for Bison Athletics programs which are disseminated through the Athletics venues’ videoboards, program websites and other multimedia outlets.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Patriot League, and institution rules that relate to this position.
- Participate in meetings and brainstorming sessions for upcoming projects.