About the Position:
AE7 Pittsburgh office is looking for Graduate Architects that have recently graduated from an accredited school of architecture. Preferred candidates will have had a well-rounded education focusing on equal aspects of design skills, building systems & materials understanding as well as proficiency in CAD / BIM software.
Graduate Architects will work with project architects, interior designers and landscape architects on a variety of projects and assignments including research, analysis, planning, design development, coordination and document production.
AE7 Associates is a multi-disciplinary design firm with more than 600 creative professionals based in 6 offices across the globe. The firm works on a variety of project types, including: Master Planning, Destination Developments, Healthcare, Hospitality, Higher Education, Residential, Civic, Commercial, Retail and Non-Profit.
- Works on entry level assignments to develop professional work knowledge and abilities
- Applies academic knowledge and understanding in various project types
- Works on concept, schematic, design development and construction documentation / specifications with project manager, team members and internal disciplines throughout the firm
- Coordinates with external consultants, contractors, fabricators and regulatory agencies to meet project objectives
- Investigates products and materials suitable for integration into projects
- Participates in office activities, initiatives and learning programs
Qualities & skills required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a NAAB accredited architecture program
- Excellent ability to communicate with others digitally, verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- Proficient computer skills including 3D modeling. Knowledge of Revit is a definite plus
- Academic understanding of building codes, materials and building systems
- Ability to use some of the following: Revit, AutoCAD, 3ds Max, Sketch up, Rhino, Grasshopper, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
Qualified candidates should electronically submit a resume and portfolio to HR.Pittsburgh@ae7.com
with the job title of “Graduate Architect” in the Subject line. All candidate submissions should be in PDF format (under 10MB) with applicant’s name in the filename.