M.C. Dean Inc.Job Location:
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
M.C. Dean is looking for a skilled Facility Design/Furniture Specialist 3 to support our growing Security and Electronic Systems Division Europe office. The Facility Designer/Furniture Specialist 3 is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of special operational environments through Design Intent Documentation (DID), Tenant Representation, Installation Design Plan (IDP) Development, Purchasing, Implementation, Punch List and As-Builts. The Facility Designer/Furniture Specialist 3 will coordinate with other disciplines (power, data, desktop equipment, AV) to come up with the best design solution for the customer. The position will be located at our European office in Stuttgart, Germany.
On a project-by-project basis, the Facility Designer/Furniture Specialist 3 must be able to assess the required scope of work, formulate a suitable approach, and execute the work using available staff and material resources. He or she must be able to coordinate multiple projects, following different paths of execution, simultaneously. He or she must be able to communicate well to non-designers and manage client expectations. He or she must have a working knowledge of space planning, interior design concepts, and professional practice.
- Support the efforts of the project team through client correspondence, meeting attendance, on-site implementation support, problem resolution, and design documentation (including technical drawings, diagrammatic graphics, and narrative reports)
- Support project teams in translation of specific operational and functional requirements into preliminary space plans.
- Lead the development of the Integrated Furniture Installation Design Plan (IDP) package coordinating with other disciplines, base building architecture, passive/active network infrastructure, AV, and desktop equipment.
- Perform field visits to verify field conditions as required.
- Coordinate the project design process, through integration and coordination with client/architect/contractors/system engineers/furniture vendors/other solution providers
- Provide/support tenant representation services throughout project life-cycle as related to Requirements Gathering, IDP development and coordination, Construction, Systems Implementation, & Facility Start up (e.g., site surveys, site evaluation and recommendations, review of construction documentation and IDPs, construction / implementation site visits, RFI response)
- Support project managers in critical path scheduling and budget estimates based on experience in facility design and construction industry
- Provide CAD, REVIT and Graphic support as required throughout project life-cycle (sketches, diagrams, technical drawing packages)
- Review proposed technical solutions for accuracy against developed analytical requirementsBachelor’s
- U.S. Citizenship and eligiblity for top-level Government Security Clearance
- Bachelors Degree required; BSAS (Bachelor of Science Architectural Studies) or BS / BA (Interior Design or Environmental Design) from ACSA (American Colliegiate Schools of Architecture) or CIDA (Council for Interior Design Accredidation) accredited program desireable
- 5-10 years experience in the systems furniture / architecture / or commercial interior design field
- Basic knowledge of construction and tenant fitout construction
- Experience reading and composing industry standard design documentation
- REVIT experience preferred
- Punctuality and consistent ability to meet deliverable deadlines
- Self-starter and problem solver with strong ability to work alone in areas of core competence with minimal guidance
- Ability to work in high-velocity environment while maintaining attention to detail, work and workmanship quality and professionalism.
- Ability to work well in team environments of varying composition, personalities, roles and responsibilities
Experience with the following is desired:
- This position may require ongoing or intermittent use of a company vehicle. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance to our policy.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled