OCULUS is an award-winning landscape architecture firm based in Washington, DC, focusing on urban and public space design for public and private clients. We are particularly interested in projects that are unique, bolster social interaction, enhance public amenity, and respond sensitively and cleverly to their particular environmental setting.
We welcome collaboration. Our role as designers is to look, listen, generate ideas, test, persuade, confirm, and deliver. Armed with an array of skills, techniques, and field experience, we are able to work well with a range of people from all backgrounds, positions and interests.
We are seeking hardworking and motivated candidates with broad skill sets and a proven track-record of excellence in design and production. Our office is a fast paced and productive environment and the ideal candidate is creative, outgoing, eager to learn, and passionate about the work.
Staff works on all aspects of design process and office operations. Work responsibilities may include preparation of presentation packages using AutoCAD, 3D modeling, and graphic design, site review and analysis, research, preparation of construction documents, participation in design meetings and construction administration.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Landscape Architecture (BLA or MLA) from an accredited program
- 0-3 Years of experience in Landscape Architecture or related field
- Excellent graphics and design skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team setting
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Creative Design Suite
- Knowledge of 3-D modeling programs ideal, but not required