Oehme, van Sweden & Associates (OvS)Job Location:
Oehme, van Sweden & Associates (OvS) is an award-winning, internationally recognized landscape architecture firm located on historic Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. The firm's widely diversified mix of residential and nonresidential clients includes public agencies, institutions, private businesses, and homeowners. Work encompasses botanical gardens, educational institutions, mixed-use communities, and the design of private residential estates and small urban gardens.
- Participate on project teams as design and production staff;
- Prepare drawing sets and presentation packages;
- Conduct research and prepare site reviews and analyses;
- Carry out technical and administrative assignments—tabulations, cost estimates, etc;
- Prepare construction details; participate in preparation of as-built drawing sets;
- Participate in selective project meetings;
- Carry out special projects and assignments;
- Participate in on-site observation, prepare site reviews and analyses.
Demonstrated excellence in computer-aided drawing programs;
Demonstrated excellence in Conceptual Design through Construction Documents, including hand sketches
Demonstrated excellence in presentation graphics programs, such as Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and in 3-D modeling programs such as Sketch-Up, Revit, or 3-D Studio;
Expertise in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public;
Expertise in written, oral and graphic communication;
Expertise in reading, analyzing and interpreting professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations;
Have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
Registration and LEED Accreditation preferred.
- BLA or MLA from a four-year college or university;
NOTE: Please send your resume and PDF portfolio to email@example.com. Include Landscape Architect: 0-3 Years Experience in the subject line. Please include your portfolio as a PDF attachment, not a link to a third-party host. No phone calls please.