LOCH CollectiveJob Location:
LOCH is a design consulting studio founded in landscape architecture. We believe in connecting people with nature and one another.
LOCH designs landscapes, spaces, architecture, interiors, solutions, and art where nature is brought into a person's daily life and where people are drawn out into nature.
Designers Needed: LOCH Collective is seeking incredible Designers to join their team and help the studio create inspiring spaces, landscapes, and experiences.
Why is this job important to LOCH Collective?: Great design comes from team involvement. These designers will be integral to the design process as excellent researchers, designers, and thinkers. Because of our holistic studio approach, the new employees will jump into all phases of the design process and be expected to learn and handle a variety of tasks.
What are we looking for?
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- 1 to 6 Years of employment history in a landscape architecture or architecture studio environment
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up and MS Office
- Proficiency with AutoCAD or Vectorworks (preferred)
What gets us excited:
- Passion for design, exploration, and research
- Kindness and empathy towards others
- Ability and desire to work across professions, we consult on many non-traditional projects
- The ability to work at varying scales in our field, from small urban gardens to master-planning 1,000-acre eco-communities
- Strong hand graphics and artistic curiosity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated technical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving ability
- Personable, hardworking, and fun, because our team spends a lot of time together
- International exposure and experience
Once you are here you will:
- Travel to project sites to perform site inventory and analysis
- Work closely with the principal to design gardens and review construction progress
- Create conceptual design presentation books for our clients
- Prepare graphic and written presentations
- Create 3D and perspective renderings
- Draft construction document packages
- Help us select and order plants for our projects
Our work: Review our award-winning projects at our website: LOCHcollective.com
About LOCH Collective: Jordan Loch Crabtree founded LOCH Collective in 2016. He is an award-winning landscape architect who was designed, spoken, and inspired internationally. His passion and curiosity in art, landscapes, and the environment have led him to work in various ecosystems ranging from New York City to the Patagonia Region of Chile, the Bolivian Andes mountains, and back to the Chesapeake Bay. He recently was accepted to speak at the International Federation of Landscape Architect’s global conference in Nairobi, Kenya.
Jordan is known for their minimalistic landscapes that provide beautiful places for people to connect with one another and nature. He has designed both inspiring high-end residential gardens along with public waterfront parks. His designs have been recognized and awarded in Maryland, D.C., and Nationally. Jordan has created a study-abroad course through the University of Maryland, taking students from many universities to Chile for the course Social Impact by Design: how design is influencing climate and culture in Chile. While working previously for Teresa Moller in Santiago, Chile, Jordan’s design work ranged from projects including a rooftop garden of a subterranean opera house to the new development of the leading hospital in Santiago, Chile.
Jordan earned a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture degree at the University of Maryland with honors, where he received the ASLA Honor Award and the Award of Excellence. He is a registered landscape architect in Maryland and an active member of the American Society of Landscape Architects.
What do we need for application: Submit the following in PDF format not exceeding 10mb in file size via email:
- Cover letter
Email with subject line “Staff Designer | First & Last Name” to
Gabriela Maria Sanchez
209 West Street, Suite 201
Annapolis, MD 21401
No phone calls, please
LOCH Collective offers a competitive compensation package and benefits commensurate with experience.