UC Berkeley ExtensionJob Location:
San Francisco, CA
UC Berkeley Extension, the professional and continuing education division of the University of California, Berkeley, is accepting applications for classroom instructor(s) for its Interior Design and Interior Architecture Program within the Art and Design department. UC Berkeley Extension’s instructors form the foundation of UC Berkeley Extension’s reputation as a leader in professional and continuing education. UC Berkeley Extension draws students who are highly motivated and self-actualizing, and we offer you this exciting opportunity to share your expertise within a learning community that is intellectually and professionally rewarding.
We are currently seeking classroom instructor(s) with expertise in the following areas:
- Fundamentals of Lighting Design
- Interior Design Materials and Finishes
- Business Practices
- Design Studio
The length of employment is by agreement and based upon the course section schedule. Courses are offered in San Francisco at 160 Spear Street.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, interior architecture, architecture, or related area required (Master’s degree preferred).
- 3 or more years of professional experience in Interior Design and/or Interior Architecture required.
- Experience teaching adult learners in a college/university environment (preferred).
- Experience in course development, including creating course objectives and assignments/assessments (preferred).
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail (required).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills (required).
Submit cover letter and resume or CV by clicking HERE
All letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality (http://apo.berkeley.edu/evalltr.html)prior to submitting their letters.
About UC Berkeley Extension:
UC Berkeley Extension, the professional and continuing education division of the University of California, Berkeley, has been building bridges between UC Berkeley and the public since 1891. As a self-supporting unit, Extension brings the research, scholarship and mission of UC Berkeley to regional, national and global audiences. Through flexible scheduling, competitive pricing, and innovative online delivery, UC Berkeley Extension serves the professional and continuing education goals of thousands of U.S. and international students each year. For more information about UC Berkeley Extension, please visit: extension.berkeley.edu.
The Campus Community
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.