New York, NY
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking a CAD / Virtual Design & Construction Specialist at our JFK Airport Project Site.
Proficient level position. A moderately supervised position in a team environment in which primary responsibilities include preparing drawings with CADD, assist in other aspects of plan preparation such as information gathering, processing survey data, and creating exhibits for use in meetings. Focus of responsibilities will generally be related to a specific Engineering sub-type. May be knowledgeable in design software such as GIS, 3D, Highway or Railroad design, Building design and Graphic Imaging.
- Utilizes computer aided drafting, design software and various other computer software packages in the preparation of construction details, design plans, reports, and meeting exhibits.
- Transfers information in numerical, written and sketched, or electronic format from sources such as legal descriptions, survey data, aerial photographs and computer files to final plans and maps.
- Develops and implements custom automated drafting and design procedures under supervision.
- Identifies errors, problems, or non-standard situations and suggests alternatives.
- Assists in the evaluation of new drafting /design procedures and/or software.
- Visualizes and illustrates concept or designs in 2 or 3 dimensions. Utilize mathematics including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- CAD/VDC Specialist will be the primary point of contact for all CAD and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) coordination as well as production of project related graphics and visualizations.
- Assisting Project Managers develop design documents and presentation graphics to include CAD drawings, overlays, Photoshop and Illustrator visualizations, other.
- Development of BIM guidelines and project BIM Execution Plan oversight.
- Provide project team with necessary CAD and BIM collaboration tools and support.
- Assist with project model setup and management including directory structure, model files, shared coordinates, worksets and phases, and model exchanges.
- Perform model quality checks and work with modeling stakeholders to take corrective action.
- Maintain federated Autodesk Navisworks model for overall project coordination and presentations.
- Work with project controls team on the integration of BIM/VDC with project controls processes such as cost estimating and scheduling.
- Create Navisworks and/or Synchro Pro animations by linking models to project schedules to develop phasing and logistics simulations.
- Associate of Science or Technical School
- 2 years related experience
- In lieu of education, 4 years related experience
- Proficient in the terminology and symbols used in survey notes, plans, shop drawings, aerial photographs, and maps related to a specific Engineering sub-type.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Candidate must possess exceptional graphics and presentation skills.
- Candidate must possess effective communication and team work skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D, Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Navisworks, Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Synchro Pro.
- Experience in preparation of 2D, 3D & 4D visualizations and simulations using Autodesk Navisworks and/or Synchro Pro.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to understand complex design and construction components.
General Work Conditions
Office Environment: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently, and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use.
To Apply: Visit this link
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.