Our team is aligned around three pillars- Design, Build and Operate. Focused on optimizing the space we have, finding the best solutions to our immediate term expansion needs, and devising and driving our long term strategy. All of this under the guiding principle of sustainability.
As an intern you will work within either our Retail Development, Facilities Management or Facilities Construction to support these initiatives. This role is available across various Tesla locations, including headquarters in Palo Alto, CA, the factory in Fremont, CA, and Gigafactory 1 in Sparks, NV. Specific project assignments and required technical aptitude will vary based on the needs of the individual hiring team
Team Overview and Responsibilities:
Retail Development : Is responsible for the development of new stores and service centers. They work in conjunction with the Real Estate department to review materials such as lease plans and Landlord design criteria. They are also responsible for producing design documents, presentation drawings, renderings and 3D models. In addition, they create and maintain a CAD plan of records and department libraries.
Global Facilities : is responsible for architectural design, interior design, and facilities operations for Tesla’s office, research + development, and all non-manufacturing facilities. This team strives to provide facility solutions through establishment and documentation of strategic space planning, design and specification strategies, build outs of new spaces, and continuous improvements of existing spaces for all global workplace facilities.
Construction Management: Is responsible for design and construction of our manufacturing facilities including Gigafactory 1, and our Fremont factory. This team is not only responsible for the external but also the internal construction of all the facilities.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or other graduate degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Facility & Property Management, Real Estate or related field.
- Computer drafting and 3D modeling, including proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Revit, InDesign 3D Sketchup, and AutoCAD.
- Exposure to construction and electrical background
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing and through drawings/sketches
- Excellent time management skills.
- Hands-on experience, previous internship and/or project experience is preferred.
- Ability to relocate for the duration of your internship.