Are you a student who is seeking a career in architecture after graduation? Do you have a passion for writing and want learn how to blog and expand your social media reach? If so, The Global Grid wants to hear from you. The Global Grid is seeking qualified applicants for Architecture Blogger Internships. We want you to share with our audience how the field of architecture is impacting your city.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, careers in the fields of Architecture and Social Media are in demand; however, job seekers in these fields face strong competition when vying for positions. Qualified candidates need education and experience. While you are working hard to acquire the necessary education, let us help you gain some valuable experience.
As an Architecture Blogger, you will have the opportunity to build your personal brand on the Internet, develop your presence as an expert in your field, network within your community, and expand your recognition across different social media platforms. You will gain valuable experience and skills, and we make all of our internships available for academic credit. In addition, we offer free resume and career coaching to support you as you transition from our internship into the next phase of your career.
This is a virtual internship, and although you don’t have to commute to our office, we still expect professionalism and commitment from you. We are looking for the best of the best. If you are creative, energetic, and eager to learn, and can commit to at least a six month internship; we want to hear from you.
What to expect during your internship with The Global Grid?
You can expect to gain experience in a variety of areas, and this is a great way to gain visibility as you enter the public or private workforce.
- Increased knowledge and exposure to blogging career opportunities;
- Ability to utilize WordPress blogging software with increased knowledge of functionality and features;
- Obtain editorial feedback to improve writing skills;
- Branding yourself on the Internet and creating exposure for job opportunities;
- Social media and marketing training;
- Performance based upon word count accuracy, number of revisions required of each blog and improvements over time, meeting deadlines, and following formatting according to training.
What we're looking for:
- 6 month or 1 year commitment, contractually;
- 2 blogs per month (12 blogs in total for 6 months);
- Uninterrupted Internet and computer access, must check email daily;
- Excellent English and writing skills;
- Passion for architecture and design;
- Access to a camera for taking local images for your blogs, or ability to partner with a local photographer;
- Ability to work under deadlines and meet them;
- Ability to work remotely.
- Attach your resume and cover letter;
- Take this online English language proficiency test, print in "PDF" and attach results;
- Attach a writing sample regarding a local architectural topic;
- Attach 12 sample blog titles that you are interested in blogging about (topics should be related to where you will be living during the term of the internship);
- Like The Global Grid on Facebook;
- Follow The Global Grid on Instagram;
- Follow The Global Grid on Twitter;
- Join The Global Grid LinkedIn group.
This is an unpaid and virtual internship that can be completed from home. While we cannot guarantee opportunities for paid employment, interns will always gain first preference in our hiring processes.