At PF&A, we are proud to be nearing 30 years of practice as a Norfolk design firm. Throughout that time we have become a national, award-winning architecture and interior design leader in some of the most technically challenging and rigorous building types: healthcare, pediatrics, education, and research facilities.
From the day the office was opened, we have prided ourselves on continuing to push the boundaries of design, explore new technologies, learn better techniques, and work harder to reveal the strengths of every project. Beyond beautiful conceptual drawings, we have the technical expertise to ensure that every single detail is constructed with care and precision. Our work has continued to develop and advance with contemporary design through a strong commitment to technology, education, and most importantly by employing a very talented group of architects and designers.
OUR DESIGN APPROACH
As an Integrated Design Practice, we have the expertise and personnel to blur the lines between Architecture, Interiors and Planning. Unlike many design firms, we try to seamlessly blend the disciplines together as a part of our overall design process. We staff our project teams with members from each discipline, assuring the overall design, inside and out, is integrated and unified.
PF&A Design is a growing firm and has an immediate position available for a highly motivated individual who is a talented designer with strong verbal communication, production, design and graphic skills.
The ideal candidate has the natural ability to prioritize a litany of tasks, garner trust and credibility, nurture relationships and communicate with extreme proficiency. PF&A seeks innovative candidates in pursuit of a long established career with the firm. PF&A is a national award winning firm with recognition in architecture and interiors. Please see our website
for more information.
Successful candidates must possess the following skills:
- BS/BA of Architecture required
- Creative, dynamic and detail oriented
- Ability to self-start and be a team player in an 18 person office environment will be paramount to success
- Proficiency with Revit required. Auto-Cad a plus. Currently the firm utilizes Revit 17 with VR capabilities.
- Skills in rendering, Sketch -up, and the Adobe CS programs required.
- Ability to handle fast–paced projects and deadlines
- Capability of learning quickly on the job
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in prior architectural offices a plus but not mandatory
- Experience with Apple products a plus. Firm utilizes Mac’s with Microsoft capabilities.
- Interest in lighting design a plus
Reply with the following:
- Resume in PDF format
- Cover letter
- Portfolio and work samples, include renderings. Construction document samples if available.
Salary information dependent and commensurate with level of skill and experience
Sharon L. Szalai NCARB . AIA . LEED AP BD+C
Principal, CFO, PSU Alumni
101 W. Main Street, Suite 7000 Norfolk, VA 23510
(p) 757.471.0537 (f) 757.471.4205