- 1988 Bachelor of Architecture, Virginia Tech, Architecture
- 1992 Master of Architecture, Harvard University, Architecture
Belcher’s research and teaching specialization includes architecture, urbanism, artifacts, and culture.
He has worked to establish an independent, research-based project dedicated to the development of critical theoretical ideas, and the production/documentation of objects/environments that recognize marginalized influences on architecture and its related disciplines.
- Designing Futures Foundation, Advisory Board CHAD Philadelphia, Spring 2013
- Penn State Philadelphia Extension Board, Spring 2013
- Director, National Architectural Accreditation Board (2011-2014)
- NAAB Candidacy Visit, Bowling Green University Spring 2012
- NAAB Eligibility Visit, Lebanese American University Spring 2012
- Harvard University Graduate School of Design, Alumni Council (2011-2014)
- Membership in the American Institute of Architects 1999 – Present
- Design Futures Council, Design Intelligence, Leadership Summit 2013 +v2011 Architectural Advisor and Board Member, Little Haiti Housing Association, Miami, Florida
- American Institute of Architects: Intern Development Program Advisory Committee (IDPAC) (2008- 2010)