- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass., PhD Candidate Design and Computation 2009-present
- Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, Master of Architecture 1993
- Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, Bachelor of Science in Engineering December 1982
Davis is a designer and scholar who is completing her Ph.D. in the Design and Computation Group at MIT in the School of Architecture and Planning. She is interested in developing lightweight textile structures including structures and objects made with computational textiles which are textiles that can sense and respond to events in the environment. As a liminal space between the body and environment textiles have always been places of exchange and communication of information between people their communities and other societies. Every culture on the planet has its ways of producing, using and communicating through its fabrics. Today the inclusion and intertwining of electronic and other kinds of fibers into textiles transform what is possible with these fabrics and now allow us to compute through our clothing, furnishings and our buildings.
Honors + Awards
- Schlossman Research Award and Fellow, M.I.T. School of Architecture Planning  For FELT: The Textility of Communicating Emotion.
- Harold Horowitz Research Award, M.I.T. School of Architecture and Planning and the Media Lab  For Patterning with Heat: Responsive Tension Structures.
- Rosalia Ennis Research Award for African American Women, M.I.T. School of Architecture and Planning  For Patterning with Heat: Responsive Tension Structures.
- Best Paper of Conference, for “Sensing Touch Curtain: Soft Architecture”, Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics (Sigradi) 2011, Augmented Culture, Santa Fe Argentina, November 2011.
- M.I.T. Graduate Student Council Travel Award, University Wide Award 
- M.I.T. Presidential Fellow, University Wide Award 
Exhibitions + Presentations
- Patterning by Heat: Responsive Textile Tension Structures, November 2012 Keller Gallery, MIT School of Architecture and Planning
- The Textile Mirror: The Geometry of Emotion, video shown by the Design and Computation Group at theAdvances in Architectural Geometry, Centre Pompidou, Paris, September 2012.
- Liquid Wall, Installation at Haefele Showroom for the International Furniture Fair New York, sponsored by The Architect’s Newspaper, Haefele and Raydoor, Spring 2008
- Urban Feedback Loop, the Rectangle, Urban Plan Curated Installations for the North-side of Pittsburgh, Exhibited at the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, spring 2007
- shotguns, video drawing exhibited in the Drawn In Exhibition, at August Wilson Center for African American Culture, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Spring 2007
- Walking Tours: Urban Riffs exhibition in the harlemworld: Metropolis as Metaphor show at the Studio Museum in Harlem, January–April 2004.
- One Week Eight Hours, Installation at Project Rowhouses Shotguns Exhibition, Curated by David Brown and William D. Williams, Houston, Texas, 2001-02
Selected Workshops and Lectures
- “Soft Architectures: Computational Textiles and Augmented Space” Invited to present to Gediminas Urbonas’ course in MIT Art Culture and Technology Program, April 2013.
- “3D printed Textiles” Workshop for Leah Buechley’s New Textiles Course, MIT Media Lab, April 2012, Workshop Lead, Felecia Davis.
- “Form Active Structures and Digital Translations” Workshop at the Swedish School of Textiles March 2012, Workshop Lead, Felecia Davis.
- “Soft Architectures”, Lecture at the Swedish School of Textiles in Boras Designer Seminar Series March, 2012
- Chapter co-Author with Mabel Wilson and Yolande Daniels, “Inside and Out: Three Black Women's Perspectives on Architectural Education in the Ivory Tower” in Space Unveiled: Invisible Cultures in the Design Studio ed. Carla Bell, Routledge Press 2014.
- Patterning by Heat: Responsive Textile Structures, Catalogue SA+P Press, Cambridge, Mass. 2013.
- “One Week, Eight Hours” in The Green Tripod: Ecology, Economy and Social Equity in Service of Sustainable Design ed. Kim Tanzer and Rafael Longoria, Routledge Press Spring 2007
- Chapter “One Week, Eight Hours” in Row: Trajectories Through The Shotgun Rowhouse ed. David P. Brown and William D. Williams by Rice University School of Architecture Press, Houston Texas 2004.
- “Walking Tours: Urban Riff” in harlemworld: Metropolis as Metaphor The Studio Museum in Harlem, New York 2004.
- Chapter “Places of Memory: Walking Tours of Manhattan” in Sites of Memory: Perspectives on Architecture and Race ed. Craig E. Barton by Princeton Architectural Press 2001.
- Chapter “(un)Covering/ (re)Covering” in White Papers, Black Marks ed. Lesley Naa Norel Lokko by Athlone Press, London 2000.
- "Actuating Mood: Design of the Textile Mirror”, Seventh International Conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction February 10-13, 2013. Barcelona, Spain. First Author, with Asta Roseway, Erin Carroll and Mary Czerwinski. Demonstration of the Textile Mirror and Paper Presentation.
- “3D Printed Textiles from Textile Code: Structural Form and Material Operations” in Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics (Sigradi) 2012, In (Formation), Fortaleza, Brazil, and November, 2012, 327-331.
- “Form Active Translations: Knitted Textiles to 3D Printed Textiles” in Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics (Sigradi) 2012, In (Formation), Fortaleza, Brazil, November 2012, 392-396.
- “Sensing Touch Curtain: Soft Architecture and Augmented Communication”, in International Journal of Architecture and Computation, Vol. 10 (2), 2012, 219-236.
- “Sensing Touch Curtain: Soft Architecture”, in Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics (Sigradi) 2011,Augmented Culture, Santa Fe Argentina, November 2011.
- “Telephoning Textiles: Networked Soft Architectures Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics (Sigradi) 2011,Augmented Culture, Santa Fe Argentina, November 2011.