- 1989 B.S. in Landscape Architecture with Honors, The Pennsylvania State University
- 1991 M.L.A., The Pennsylvania State University
- A 1999 conference held at Penn State allowed for a multidisciplinary examination of similar issues and resulted in Gender and Landscape Routledge, 2007 (see link)
- The history of landscape architecture and urban design including 19th c medical interventions/connections
- Historical analysis of landscape architecture's development into a profession, esp in relation to a sociological theory of professions, relative to medicine, law and architecture
Service has been focused on University, College and Departmental levels: University faculty governance board of Faculty Senate inlcuding committees on Curricular Affairs and Senate Council; involvement in Penn State's Online Steering Committee. College's promotion and tenure committee; Dean search committee; Academic Integrity committee; Faculty research and creative activities grant committee. Departmental interests such as co-organizer of 2007 CELA conference and resultant edited proceedings; various faculty position hires; co-ordinator of the BLA/MLA program; and, perhaps the most fun, meeting prospective students and their families.